ELSE Corp is an Italian start-up company based in Milan and founded in 2014. Since then, the
company has been working on design and development of a technologically advanced Cloud SaaS
API platform on support of business module “Virtual Retail” (or “no-stock retail”) for the
consumer goods- Apparel & Footwear industry. The platform E.L.S.E. (Exclusive Luxury Shopping Experience) is aimed at providing an extraordinary new Customer Shopping Experience in 3D (applications, web, mobile apps, Virtual Reality, Augmented and Mixed Reality environments), and support in its core the services of Mass Product Customization and cloud based Hybrid Manufacturing, by integrating all their components and processes into brands’ and
retailers’ e-Commerce, CRM, ERP and PLM systems.
Role in the project
- End-User of the 3D data: Participation in the definition of requirements.
- Provides the mechanism of “plugins” for the E.L.S.E. cloud platform, so that any atomic services, developed during the project, could be integrated via API/ data exchange or directly as plugins/ hosted methods.
- Pilot case B2B2C and B2C. For example:
- ELSE uses the tools developed in the project in order to transfer foot scans from its customers (e.g. Fera Libens, Thierry Rabotin, Michela Rigucci).
- The raw 3D data is treated with the algorithms developed in the project.
- ELSE uses the methods developed in the project to curate and store the 3D data.
- ELSE uses the tools developed in the project to transfer 3D forms ready for the manufacturing machines of ATOM.
- ELSE uses the tools development in the project to learn a possibility of integration of the data and algorithms with their “made to measure for footwear” projects.